The Office of Research (OR) Federal Contract Services team staff is responsible for assuring that proposals submitted for external funding and awards made to the University via the Federal Contract funding mechanism meet Sponsor and University requirements. Services offered include:
- Clarification of Sponsor and University requirements for sponsored research funding.
- Final pre-submission proposal review (including Midstream Proposals) for accuracy of budget components (including rates, such as fringe benefits and indirect costs), compliance verification with University policies & procedures and Sponsor guidelines, and Institutional signature. All proposals for external funding must be reviewed and approved by OR prior to submission to the sponsor.
- Specialized assistance for solicitations (aka Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Awards (RFAs), Request for Quotes (RFQs)) and Pre-Award Revision submissions (aka Business and Technical Questions, Best and Final Offer (BAFO), and Final Proposal Revisions (FPRs)). All Pre-Award Revision submissions must be reviewed and approved by OR prior to submission to the sponsor.
- Negotiation and acceptance of awards from Federal Contracts (as well as modifications). All award amendments/modifications must be negotiated by the appropriate Federal Contract Services team member.
- Liaison with other central administrative offices, such as Research/Cost Accounting, Purchasing, Innovation Institute, Risk Management, and Office of General Counsel, for specialized subject-matters related issues.
- Issuance and negotiation of all non-financial agreements related to a Federal Contract award, such as Material Transfer Agreements, Confidentiality/Non-Disclosure Agreements, Data Use Agreements, etc.
- Assistance with select post-award matters such as prior approvals, budget revisions, no-cost extensions, and third party agreement issuance.
The Federal Contract Services team is comprised of six team members who are responsible for specific tasks depending upon the required action. Please see our Federal Contract Services Responsibility Chart for more information and points of contact. Each Officer also has a designated departmental constituency; please refer to the Team Assignments and Federal Contract Services Constituency for more information.
Hours: M-F 8:30-5pm