COVID-19 RESEARCH OPERATIONS
Updated guidance for researchers can be found on the Research Operations During the COVID-19 Pandemic page.
MEDIA INQUIRES: Faculty members are frequently asked by journalists to discuss their work or comment as experts on various subjects. While there is no requirement for faculty to seek approval or provide notice of such requirements, the University Communications team is available to provide guidance and support as needed, and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are contacted by a reporter seeking the view of the University, as opposed to your personal view, that call must be referred to University Communications.
COVID-19 UPDATES: Visit the Public Safety and Emergency Management Office for real-time updates and Precautions taken by the University. A detailed guide on pandemic preparedness for researchers is available through the office of Environmental Health and Safety.
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN for OSP VIRTUAL TRAININGS: The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) is offering the following Faculty and Staff Development Program (FSDP) virtual workshops this Spring. Learn more about FSDP and course descriptions, and register here.
HIGH-PERFORMANCE COMPUTING WORKSHOPS: Click here to check into several workshops on high-performance computing, offered by the Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center. These workshops are sponsored by XSEDE, the Extreme Science and Engineering Discovery Environment, a virtual system that scientists can use to interactively share computing resources, data and expertise.
FUNDING: Are you using Pivot to research funding opportunities? To keep pace with growing and evolving research fields, Pivot uses keywords carefully matched to each funding opportunity. This site is updated regularly, so check back often.
ACADEMIC VISITORS: Have an academic visitor arriving? The University of Pittsburgh welcomes academic visitors to our campuses for educational collaboration, observation, personal study, and research activities. If you have a visitor coming, check this site for guidance and procedures.
- Bush Institute ranks Pitt 18th for creating impact through innovation.
- LifeX Now to Offer Wet-lab Space for Its Partner Companies.
- The Alfred P. Sloan Foundation has named three Pitt faculty as 2020 Sloan Research Fellows. This fellowship "is a true mark of distinction for an early career scientist..." says Senior Vice Chancellor for Research, Rob A. Rutenbar. Congratulations to the awardees.
- The International Space Station National Lab has teamed up with Pitt's McGowan Institute for Regenerative Medicine to push the limits of biomedical research and development aboard the orbiting laboratory (Office of Economic Partnerships)
- Creating economic motives to reduce carbon emissions(Center for Research Computing)
- Out of the Lab to the Great Outdoors through Biological Sciences (Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences)
- Bioengineering undergraduates take their diagnostic innovation to the Rice 360° Global Health Competition (Swanson School of Engineering)
- Human Engineering Laboratories Student Spins Out Company to Produce Pneumatic Wheelchairs and Scooters (Innovation Institute)
- Performance Innovation Tournament top prize: What can help swimmers improve their strokes? (Innovation Institute)